About me

Saturday, December 21, 2013

You say you never had it so good.

School's out for...WINTER! 

I finished my first year of college. I'm a sophomore! WHAT?! I know it's really not that big of a deal...but growing up, I always used to think that college went on forever and it didn't seem like there would ever be an end. Four years seemed like an eternity! But what do you know? It went by in the blink of an eye. Like did this year even happen? Haha. Obviously it did. And let me tell ya, it has been one HECK of a rollercoaster ride!! I've learned so much since I first started. My heart is just so full and I am so grateful. 

Here a just a few of the things I have learned during my first year at BYU-Idaho:



There is value in loneliness.


My Book of Mormon teacher this semester blew my mind every single day. He has such a sweet spirit and seems to always know exactly what I needed to hear each day. One of the things He said this semester that hit me the hard was that there was value in loneliness. This semester was definitely one filled with many hardships and there were many times that I felt alone. Of course, I knew I really wasn't, but sometimes that's just how I felt. Everyone feels that way sometimes. So here it is: It gives us a taste of what Christ experienced, it turn us to God, and it helps us remember that there is one place we can always go when I'm feeling alone and that one place always has what I need (prayer).



Enjoy each moment. 

Life goes by so ridiculously fast. It breaks my heart. I'm trying my best to appreciate every moment I'm given because life is constantly changing and nothing will ever be the same. These last few months definitely were not the easiest. There were a few really low points where I just wanted nothing more than to get out of Rexburg and go home. Looking back, it makes me sad that I was so anxious to go home. There were so many good things going for me! So many good people who loved me and cared for me. When I go back in the spring, it's going to be completely different!



 I am so blessed.


I mean, I always heard I was blessed. I thought I knew I was blessed, but I don't think I was able to fully comprehend it until I got to college. I have an incredible family, I always have my Savior and Heavenly Father to turn to, I have wonderful friends who help build me up and bring out the good and fun in me that I seem to keep hidden oftentimes, I attend a school where I can constantly be feeling the Spirit and am surrounded by students just like me who are striving to become disciples of the Lord. Me and Nahiomi were talking on our way to Utah last night about how incredible it is that we are students at BYU-Idaho. I know that's where I'm supposed to be.




I'm gonna miss this a whole lot!


We were trying to do a Rexburg gang sign... yeah, it didn't work. 


Oh how I love Coley! Sweetest soul ever. I am so grateful I got to get to know her better this semester! I love you Coley!!!


Me and Nahiomi in our KP shirts. Haven't taken them off since we bought them. For realzzz.


I'm going to miss this girl like no other!!! My heart hurts because I already miss her so much. Who knows when I'll see her again. :( I am SO grateful for her. I love you Nahiomi!!! I'm so excited for you and all of the adventures you have ahead of you!


I love this place. 



Until next time, Rexburg.  

P.S. I used my amateur Adobe Illustrator skills to make my new header. That's my actual head! Haha. I obviously have a lot to learn still, but I'm pretty proud of how it came out! It turns out I actually am in love with my major.


3 comments:

  1. I love everything you write!! You are amazing. Thank you for sharing your life with us, you tech me so much!! :) I love you <3

    ReplyDelete