About me

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Road Trippin'

Props to Nahiomi for the title.

Did Thanksgiving Break even happen? I'm sitting here thinking to myself that it must have been one of the shortest ever... just a few more days would have been nice, Kim B!! C'mon! 

Ya know, it was a weird Thanksgiving. The days leading up to the break were difficult because I knew that I wouldn't be spending it with my family. (And it didn't help a whole lot that my grandparents and aunt & uncle flew to Indiana...I was just missin' out on a whole lot!) Anyways, I eventually told myself that I needed to stop being sad...after all, there are only 3 more weeks until I go HOME for my off-track (AKA...my summer break). I'm sorry, WUT. 

Coley, Nahiomi, and I drove down to Logan on Wednesday! I was so ready for a break. I cannot even explain to you. I love Rexburg with all my heart, but sometimes you've just gotta get out! 

Once we got to Logan, we met Coley's sweet grandparents and cousins in Logan! She stayed with them, then Nahiomi and I stayed with her family's friends, the Pratts. They are such a fun family! 

We had a great Thanksgiving dinner! ...but I sure did miss my mom's homemade roll and pie...man oh man. That's okay! It was just a dream to be eating a nice home-cooked meal! We don't get a whole lot of those up here! Haha. 

Just a few of the things the rest of the trip consisted of...


An insane amount of laughter

Countless jam sessions

Explosive sour skittles

Jump roping for the first time in years 

Shopping til we dropped

Seeing the lights at Temple Square and crying because it was so beautiful and because I'm so grateful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

McDonald's forgetting to put the chocolate in Nahiomi's hot chocolate

Experiencing Red Bull for the first time (it works)

Messing with some dudes in at IHOP that were trying to hit on us

Giving makeovers to the Pratt girls

Purchasing some absolutely necessary Katy Perry shirts

So many things going wrong that we had no choice but to laugh

Partyin' it up and livin' life to it's fullest!









I'm not even going to explain this picture. Just use your imagination...haha.



The Pratt's beautiful backyard! I wouldn't mind waking up to this every morning. 











All of my pictures of the lights are blurry. :( I guess you'll just have to go and see for yourself how beautiful they are!











Me and Nahiomi tried to take selfies with the Idaho sign and it was a massive failure.




Sometimes Idaho is so beautiful that I have no other choice but just stare in awe and cry a little bit.




Well, that's a wrap! Definitely a trip to remember. 


Nineteen more days, people. NINETEEN.





No comments:

Post a Comment