Oh heyyyy! I'm back. Bet you didn't see that one coming.
It's been such crazy week!! Probz the longest one of my whole life. It was a little much. Finals (and just life in general) have just been kickin my butt. The good news is all of my tests are done and I only have 3 more assignments to complete before I'm done with my third semester of college!! Praise the Lord! Haha. No, but for real... this semester has been so great. I'm so blessed to have so many amazing people in my life. SO many fun memories. I absolutely love being up here in the summer time.
So before I talk about what I did this week, I just wanted to do a quick little #IndianaAppreciationPost. It's been exactly three year since we made the move from Arizona to Indiana and that is just crazy to me! I feel so blessed. Three years is really not very long, but those three years mean so much to me and play a huge role in making me who I am today. Though they were definitely not the easiest, I met so many incredible people and grew so much. I'm super grateful for that place.
Here are a few throwbacks for ya:
Herrrre we go...
1. Rexburg flooded. Haha. I guess it's not that funny. It was crazy!! You know, I think the big man upstairs is trying to tell the students at BYU-Idaho something because literally the only place the flood hit was Rexburg. Absolutely nowhere else. #wicked ? Haha.
It was a pretty typical Tuesday. I got out of classes and was just casually on my way to the chiropractor's office. There was not a drop on the ground when I left my apartment, but as I was on my way up there, it started pouring like I have NEVER seen it pour before. I didn't really think much of it--except for we were supposed to have our ward closing social at Porter Park so I figured that wouldn't be happening. Haha. Anyways, I headed back to my apartment and noticed the flooding. There were a few pretty bad car accidents. Eventually, I got to the roundabout and saw a crap ton of people playing in the water. Kayaks, tubes, and all. Haha. The school itself even got flooded! I heard it got up to 6 feet in some places around Rexburg. IN.SANE.
Apparently we made it on Good Morning America too! Kind of awesome. I've gotta admit.
Me and a few girls from my ward went to go help a few of the apartment complexes get flood water out of their apartments. This sounds so cheesy, but it was really the most amazing thing I have ever experienced at BYU-Idaho. Well, actually maybe just ever in general. There are some pretty awesome people at my school. I love it.
2. Missy turned 21!!! We went out to party it up at Red Robin. All of these people are just way too awesome. Roommates + some fiancees + some friends :) I'm going to miss them!
The grilled turkey burger is to die for. Just FYI.
3. Did my best to survive my finals. Somehow finals didn't seem so bad when a cute little librarian walked around the library handing out cookies and crackers to everyone to help us study. I've said it 8394756 times, and I'll say it again. I love my school.
4. Had a mandatory date night with this girl! She is a gem. So many laughs! Much needed.
5. Had snacks and watched commercials for my last COMM111 class. Holla.
6. The chiropractor beat me. Haha jk. But that's what it felt like and looked like. He dug some weird metal tool in my back which is supposed to help I guess? But really it just looked like I had a bunch of hickeys all over my back and it hurt really bad. Haha.
7. Went on a spontaneous trip to my friend Lincoln's cabin in Island Park, Idaho with a super fun group! It was so gorgeous. Basically heaven. I think I could literally live that day over and over again until the day I die. We went tubing, swimming, four wheeling, and just hung out and had a great time! Can we talk about how I faced one of my fears?! Four wheeling scares the crap outta me ever since I was in that Rhino accident. Actually, everything scares the crap outta me since that accident. And then the one this semester didn't really help! Anyways, I've officially decided I need a boat. And a cabin. Can I be rich please?
Missy beastin' it up on the water!
Our little group in our 80s jackets + one santa robe! Haha.
Missy and Taylor are so cute. I can't.
8. I also did some exploring in Idaho Falls!
And then here's a picture of Missy & Coley because they're cute.
Photo creds to the awesome SAMANTHA. I had to throw this in there because it's where it all started ;) Cough cough... COLEY.
9. Hot tubbing at Taylor's house!
10. Coley had to buy us ice cream... ;) First tub of the semester! We all needed it. Desperately.
11. Went to the last devotional of the semester.
12. Went on a midnight McDonald's run because yes.
13. Got sunburned like no other.
14. Taught Relief Society for the first time...yikes!
15. Went on a motorcycle ride! Made sure to tell my parents after I went. Haha!
AHH IM ALMOST DONE. I GET TO GO TO PROVO TO SEE DREW IN THREE DAYS AND I'LL BE IN CONNECTICUT IN FIVE. YAY. :)