About me

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Week 12

This week has been one for the books. 

It's been a roller coaster ride! But I guess that's just how life is. Not gonna lie, I'm getting anxious to get the heck out of here for a little while. Haha. Not for forever, but a little break from the college life is much needed. But I'm trying my best to enjoy every moment I get because I know nothing is going to be the same when I come back for the fall. 


"God knows better than you what you need."

I don't know why I always think I know what's best for me. It's so selfish and so wrong! The plans I have for myself are usually not ever what the Lord has planned for me. I know His plans are always better than our own. But why is that so hard to accept?! It's something I need to work on. I guess the hardest part for me right now is that I'm not sure what His plan is for me at this point in my life. I just don't what to do with my life, guys. Haha. One day at a time I guess! 


Things that happened:

1. Nahiomi came out for a few days to party it up with us before she leaves on her mission!! I may or may not have skipped my classes on Monday... sorry Mom & Dad! Love that beautiful human. She's a gem, that one. 


{Love them so much}






{These actually aren't Hammer pants}



2. Said goodbye to that beautiful gem and it really sucked. Haha. I did not {for the life of me} want that girl to stop hugging me and drive away. My heart really hurts. 18 months is going to be way too much for me to handle.




3. My roommate Allison is a sweetheart and invited us to go float a river with her! I'd be cool with doing that all day, erry day. It was da best. Except for the part where a beaver tried to eat me. Not da best. Haha jk, it didn't try to eat me. It was just a little too close for comfort. 



4. Witnessed these magical sights remembered why I love Rexburg so much. But let's be real, I actually have these realizations every single day. I don't care what anyone says, I LOVE IT HERE. 




5. Dressed up like the coolest cows you ever did see and got free Chick-fil-a. P.S. Couldn't go into Target because "only service animals permitted." :( Lolz. 


5. Went on a spontaneous trip to Yellowstone with these awesome people! It was my first time going and I was in awe the whole time. Too beautiful for words. It's only about 2 hours away from Rexburg, so how could we resist?! Oh, side note: I randomly saw Jennifer Jensen from my ward in Indiana at Yellowstone! Small world or what?!














6. Found out I sleep like this...so that's cool?! 





So that's all for this week. Here's a few inspirational quotes to lift your spirits. #ThankYouPinterest I know I sure as heck needed em, so hopefully they inspire you too.








xoxo,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment