About me

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Week 3


Hi guys! Happy Mother's Day! It's my first Mother's Day away from home and it's super weird. Shout out to my Mommy :) 


Anyways, last week was pretty great! Today is the start of my 4th week here. That's just crazy to me. I've almost been here for a month! Life goes by so much faster as you get older. Here's what went down this week...





1. Our FHE family was driving back from Idaho Falls and after about 45 minutes, (Idaho Falls to Rexburg is about 30 minutes) we realized we had been driving in the completely wrong direction.

2. So in my science class, if someone's phone goes off during class, that person has to buy everyone doughnuts. Well, my teacher's phone went off and so on Tuesday, my class of 75 students is getting doughnuts. Frick yes.

3. Yesterday I hiked, "R" Mountain with my cousin and his family! That mountain kicked my butt. I felt like a beast afterwards though.

4. Me and my roommate Netel went over to one of her friend's apartment where they were recording a radio show. A dude named Rock Wright (from AZ baby!) sang a song that he wrote and it was pretty freaking amazing. Look him up on Facebook!

5. My mom sent me my piano music, so I've been going upstairs to our piano room and practicing.

6. I got to hang out with one of my very first friends here on Friday for the first time since the first week of school.

7. Watched She's the Man in our theatre room at our apartment. Classic.

8. I tried out for the BYU-I cheer team...and MADE IT! I was so nervous and honestly didn't think I was going to make it onto the team. I'm so grateful I tried out...boy, am I grateful. I am so excited to be able to do something that I love with my whole heart. I honestly thought I'd never be able to cheer again. I'M SO HAPPY :)

9. So The Piano Guys concert was on Thursday at 7:30. Well, my cheer tryouts went until 7:40. So right after I found out I made the cheer team, I had to run to the concert...giving me no time to call my parents and tell them the news! (I didn't even tell them I was trying out! I wanted it to be a surprise.) When I walked into the concert, they were playing one of my favorite songs ever. Love Story Meets Viva La Vida. At my first Youth Conference in 2009, (before high school!) Jon Schmidt came and played for us. I remember hearing that song for the first time and I loved it! I was just thinking about how far I had come since I first heard that song, and I started crying. Haha. That mixed with me being ecstatic about making the cheer team was just making me so emotional. Typical girl.

10. Oh, me and some of my roommates had a funny experience at Walmart. These random guys just came up to us and we had a really great/fantastic/hilarious conversation with them for about 20 minutes. I guess you kinda had to be there.


Beautiful day! :)

The newest addition to my room. <3

Me and E-Love! Hahaha feat. Spencer's sunglasses.


Welcome to the Rexburg Walmart. 
We still don't even know their names. Haha.






So that was my week! I hope you all had a great one. :)









1 comment:

  1. Oh, how I love you, Lauren! You've been a blessing to me since the day you were born. To see you thriving there at BYU-I makes the "missing you" part of you growing up and going to college so much easier.

    ReplyDelete