About me

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Week 10


Ohhhh what a week. Um, also. Can I say that I'm sick and tired of blogging? I'm sick and tired of blogging. But I'm going to stick with it!




Snack time during Sunday School featuring creepy Lauren in the background.


I FaceTimed Puerto Rican Spice when we were sitting next to each other! That was a dang good time. Shout out to you PR!!


Ummm do you remember how last week I had an allergic reaction last week? Well it came back on Tuesday. So I had to go to the Health Center to try to figure out what was wrong with me. But they didn't know. The doctor gave me some meds that are supposed to help with my immune system, but I'm a bit skeptical about those meds because it has been coming back off and on alllll week.


Sooooomeone brought home M&M's...we all know what that means. ;)




On Saturday I had a three hour cheer practice, and then me and my roommates drove to Idaho Falls to get Chick-fil-A and go to Target. (IT'S BEEN WAY TOO LONG!) I got a really cute swimsuit cover up from Target (Can I just say that Target has the cutest clothes on the planet? Yeahhh. They do.) I got it because I'm going to Montana for the 4th of July with some of my roommates and we're going boating! I'm so excited! But anyways, Idaho Falls was super fun. I wish we could have stayed longer, but I had a basketball game that I had to cheer at. 






I walked into my apartment after the basketball game and I found this: 


My roommates surprised me and put together a little girls night/sleepover! It was a real good time. We walked to get pizza and Krispy Kreme Donuts, then came back and just danced around and got real cray. Then we watched a scary movie. It was scary. 



This guy was cuhhhrackin me up in Sacrament Meeting today. He was totally passed out. And he literally almost fell off of his chair. Then he flinched during one of the other talks and all of his stuff fell off of his lap and made a huge sound. Hahaha. I don't know, you probs had to be there. #BYUIdahoSleeps 


Enjoy these little inspirational pictures:





 And here's my little inspirational thought of the week: 


Today for Sunday School we went to the Addiction Recovery Class. I know that sounds really sketch! At first, I thought it was dumb that they were making us go. But it was honestly the greatest thing ever. One of the members of the Bishopric taught the class. (Can I just say it was a dream listening to a non-student teach one of my church classes? Haha fo real though.) So the class started out with the teacher explaining how he thinks they should rename the class to *Character Weakness* Recovery Program. We all have those! There are 12 steps to recovery:

1. Honesty
2. Hope 
3. Trust in God
4. Truth
5. Confession 
6. Change of Heart
7. Humility 
8. Seeking Forgiveness
9. Restitution and Reconciliation
10. Daily Accountability
11. Personal Revelation
12. Service

We talked about Honesty, Hope and Trust in God today. 

Honesty: Pride and honesty cannot coexist. We are powerless without the Savior. We need Him every minute, every hour, and every day. If we think we can do it alone, we get to try.

Hope: We are blessed with the tender mercies of the Lord. 1 Nephi 1:20. "...the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty..." I was a little confused about this scripture at first, because of how it says that the Lord chooses who He blesses with tender mercies. But then I realized that if you choose Him, He will choose you. Super cool, right? Tender mercies are pretty amazing. If you want to read more about tender mercies, you should read or listen to this talk by David A. Bednar: The Tender Mercies of the Lord. "I testify that the tender mercies of the Lord are available to all of us and that the Redeemer of Israel is eager to bestow such gifts upon us."

Trust in God: Decide to turn your will and your life over to the care of God the Eternal Father and His Son Jesus Christ. He doesn't allow us to go through anything we can't handle. "...know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good...fear not what man can do for God shall be with you forever and ever." Doctrine & Covenants 122





Well, guys. It's been real. Bye. 





















No comments:

Post a Comment