About me

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Tender mercies. {Week 5}

A few nights ago, I was sitting in my room doing homework and I caught a little glimpse of the sunset outside. I fuuuhreaked. It was SO beautiful. I couldn't believe it. If you know me well, you know I immediately grabbed my camera and keys and went off to chase it. 


Can you believe how beautiful it was? I did not edit this one tiny bit. 


I noticed the little beam of light coming out of the sky and thought to myself, "it looks like someone's going up to heaven."


Five minutes after I got home from my little adventure, my dad called me and told me my great grandpa had just passed away. I hung up the phone, thought about the sunset and thought I had just had, and started to cry. I felt so much love in that moment. I couldn't help but think that little beam reaching into the sky was my great grandpa being sent off into heaven. What a great way to leave this earth and enter the next. That sunset was not a coincidence.... but a tender mercy, for sure.


We got to see Grandpa Clark one last time this summer and I'm so grateful.


I'm grateful for the knowledge I have of eternal families. What a blessing it is to know that he has been reunited with his sweet wife in the next life and that I'll be able to see him again someday. I'm sure going to miss that guy. Read his obituary here. And then watch this video

"I testify that the tender mercies of the Lord are real and that they do not occur randomly or merely by coincidence. Often, the Lord's timing of his tender mercies helps us to both discern and acknowledge them... The Lord's tender mercies are the very personal and individualized blessings, strength, protection, assurances, guidance, loving-kindnesses, consolation, support, and spiritual gifts which we receive from and because of and through the Lord Jesus Christ...Each of us can have eyes to see clearly and ears to hear distinctly the tender mercies of the Lord as they strengthen and assist us in these latter days." -David A. Bednar 

_________________

Some other stuff that happened this week...



Got to video chat with my family + Bekah! (Anthony was MIA)


Went on an adventure with this sweet guy. 


Hi, I'm an eskimo.


I'm in love with this place. (P.S. Kelton is basically a pro photographer.)


Just throwing this in here because Anthony got his braces off and he is SO handsome. 


Went to the cutest little pumpkin patch. 


So so fun.


This picture is so perfectly hilarious and awkward.

Okay, I feel like I did a lot more this week, but I guess I don't have pictures. Basically, I've just been eating a lot of really good Mexican food and enjoying the b e a u t i f u l weather outside. 

_________________

I hope you guys all have a good week and recognize the Lord's tender mercies in your life...because they sure are there. :)


FAMILIES ARE FOREVER.

xoxo,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment