About me

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Watching all of my dreams come true. {Proposal}

I thought it was about time I tell you all about the most magical night of my life! I really feel like I'm living a fairytale... only it's so much better.

Let's rewind a little bit. For my birthday last year, Kelton took me up to this beautiful place just outside of Rexburg called Cress Creek. It quickly became our favorite spot. He surprised me with some floating lanterns! We each wrote individual goals on them and we also wrote a goal for both of us.

Let's reminisce... {Click here if you want to see the blog post}









So that was my magical birthday! Floating lanterns kind of became a theme of ours... which I'm kind of in love with. 


Now let's fast forward to January 23, 2015... I knew a proposal was coming soon, but I did not have a clue when or how it was going to happen. 


Kelton had suggested a couple of days before that we go out to Cress Creek because we hadn't been there in a while. I was a little suspicious, but he kept trying to confuse me...haha! He told me to bring my camera so I could take pictures for my photography class. So that's what we did! 


We made the little hike up there and I started taking a few pictures of the sunset. The photos do it no justice. It was beautiful!!! 




He told me to wait up there while he went to go grab something... this is when I got really suspicious! He was gone for a while and I had no idea what he was doing... Eventually, he told me to come over, and I thought he was going to ask me right then. I got really confused when he showed me a heater. Haha!


In my mind I was thinking, "Okay, maybe he isn't asking me tonight..." Haha I was really confused, but let me tell you, I am so grateful for that heater because it was absolutely FREEZING up there. It took a while to get it working, but Kelton is basically MacGyver so he figured it out eventually! 

Once we got the heater working, we were just sitting there watching the sunset and it was wonderful! I just love spending time with that guy. 

Then out of nowhere, I started seeing a bunch of floating lanterns rising up in the sky right in front of us. Think Tangled, except better. I knew right when I saw them that he was going to ask me to marry him. I immediately starting crying and freaking out.

I really can't tell you exactly what he said to me in that moment, but I can tell you that I was overcome with so much love and appreciation for this amazing man of mine. 

After that, the whole gang came up and we took some pictures! Shout out to everyone that helped all of my dreams come true. :)









I'm in complete and total awe of this man. He is the greatest example to me and my very best friend. He is the man of my dreams...only he's better than I could have ever dreamt up. I love him so much. I cannot wait to marry him!!!

xoxo,
Lauren





No comments:

Post a Comment