About me

Monday, November 11, 2013

Blessed Beyond Belief


My heart is so full. 


I've been feeling so incredibly blessed lately. This past week really wasn't that spectacular...just a normal week! But I'm coming to realize that normal weeks are spectacular.  I'm learning that the biggest key to happiness is recognizing all of your blessings. Your blessings are always there. Sometimes they just get hidden because we forget to remember.  In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I'm just going to list off some of my blessings.




1. My Family




I am seriously so blessed to have the family that I have. They are the perfect family for me. It's hard being so far away from them, but since I am, it makes me even more grateful and appreciative for their love and support. I wouldn't trade them for the world.



2. My Friends









Heavenly Father has put some pretty incredible people in my path. I am so incredibly grateful for them. Thanks for putting up with me, guys. You rock. :)



3. My School
Sometimes I get so stressed out with life that I don't take time to appreciate where I am right now. It is one of the biggest blessings ever to attend one of the Lord's institutions. It is amazing to me that I can go to a school where I am surrounded by good people who strive to live in such a way that the Holy Ghost can be their constant companion.

This week, I'm especially grateful for my Book of Mormon teacher, Brother Rowe. He is truly one of the most Christlike people I know. I'm not sure why this had such an impact on me, but last weekend I was out to dinner with Coley and Nahiomi and I saw Brother Rowe and he stopped and smiled and said, "Hi Lauren!" Such a small little act, but I will forever remember it. Mind you, he has 150+  students, so the fact that he remembered my name just meant so much to me! I guess that's like Heavenly Father. He has an incredible amount of children, but He knows us each by name and so personally. Amazing! 
I tried extra hard this week to prepare for class so that I could learn more in the classroom. And I must say, it was a massive success. I learned so much! Sometimes I feel like the Book of Mormon was written just for me because it affects me so personally. But it's for you too! :) So anyways, it's just great to be a student here!


4. Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ




Their love for us is unreal. Seriously. I've been sitting here for hours trying to figure out how else I can elaborate on this...but really, that's all. They love us.






If you have a few minutes to spare, you should definitely watch this video. Or go read the book. Either way, so powerful! Feelin' the love. 






No comments:

Post a Comment