About me

Monday, June 24, 2013

Week 9

I said last week was the shortest week of my life. Correction: this week was the shortest week of my life. This semester is going by crazy fast. 29 more days until SUMMER.



Pretty morning walks.




So funny story. One of the apartments in our complex is a handicap apartment and I guess that means that their smoke detector is really sensitive. So, the fire alarm has gone off FIVE times this week. It's like not even weird anymore. It's just super annoying. Especially when it goes off at 2:30 in the morning... yeah. That happened. But anyways, the fire alarm went off when game 6 (Heat/Spurs) had a minute left. Our friend brilliant friend Nolan was over and he had the idea to open up the blinds so we could watch the game from outside of our apartment. 


This was last night when it went off at 2:30. ^^^



This happened a number of times this week.


So here's my uniform, hot leggings and all.



I got beat up real bad at cheer on Thursday.




I love donuts. And Haley and Elyse! (And Nahiomi, Paige, & Netel)






Alright, now for the most eventful thing that happened this week! I went to the drive-in movie theater to see World War Z. During the middle of the movie I started getting really itchy but didn't really think much of it. Eventually I realized that it probably wasn't normal to be itching that much. I asked one of the people I was with if my face was red/splotchy at all, but it was super dark outside so we couldn't really see anything. Once I got home stripped down into shorts and a tank top, I freaked. Haha. I had hives all over me. I haven't had an allergic reaction like that in years. These pictures don't really do it any justice, but just know that I did not look pretty. Haha. Right when I got home and realized how bad it was, we called my FHE brothers over to give me a blessing. I was hoping that the blessing would be fast so I could hop into bed and try to forget this ever happened........Remember how I said our fire alarms go off all the freaking time? Well, right when the boys got here, it went off. What a joy. I was itching like no other and it was freezing outside and I was just real annoyed. Eventually, we were allowed to go back inside and they gave me a blessing. I'm so grateful for the Priesthood!




So yeah, it was an interesting week. I'm glad it's over. 




I was thinking, I've been learning so much since I've been at school here, so I thought I would include something important I have learned each week in my blog posts. I'll keep it short and sweet!

Repentance has been on my mind a lot recently. What I've learned this week (or at least have been reminded) is that once you have repented of what ever sin you've committed, it is gone. Gone forever. It didn't even happen. My old seminary teacher always gave us little quotes printed on sticky notes to put in our scriptures and I found one this morning: (It's a few years old, so sorry if you can't read a few of the words)



Just something to keep in mind.



Now here's some typography stuff I made this week:






Also, I found this quote today and I absolutely love it. I hope you do too.

“Men and women who turn their lives over to God will discover that He can make a lot more out of their lives than they can. He can deepen their joys, expand their vision, quicken their minds, strengthen their muscles, lift their spirits, multiply their blessings, increase their opportunities, comfort their soals, and pour out peace.”


Thanks for reading. Have a great week. :)

Love,
Lauren



No comments:

Post a Comment